Herbs : Arjun
Latin NameTerminalia arjuna
English NameArjuna Myrobalans
Bark (inner bark is the potent part, but many companies include the dry inactive outer portion to increase profits. MAPI uses only the inner portion and protects the tree by harvesting amounts that the tree can repair.)
Traditional Ayurvedic Uses
- Arjuna is a very large tree. The bark is used in certain herbal combinations as a powerful, soothing tonic for the heart. It is good for both the physical heart as a muscle, as well as for the emotions associated with the heart.
- Arjuna is used for loneliness, sadness and frustration. It strengthens the emotions to decrease excessive response to stress and trauma.
- It helps strengthen the body's natural rejuvenative processes, hastening the replacement of dead or weak cells with fresh, vital ones.
- In proper combinations, Arjuna helps stabilize an erratic heart beat.
- Arjuna helps balance all three doshas at once (Vata, Pitta, Kapha), a rare and very valuable property.
- This tree herb bears the same name as Arjuna, son of Pandu -- a great hero of the Bhagavad-Gita. The Gita is a treasured poem from the Vedic epic called the Mahabharata.