Hair Care : Hairstyles For Special Occasions
Ok. So you've spent lots of hard earned money on a new outfit. You're going to take hours to pamper yourself; to do your nails, have an all over body scrub and de-fuzz. Your makeup is going to be so carefully applied that you may as well start a new career as an artist but what about your hair?
Think about it; how much of a kick do you get when you've just had your hair cut, colored or styled. You feel like a million rupees, don't you?! But ask yourself honestly, how many times do you make an effort to do something different to your hair when you've got a really important date to attend? There are so many non-permanent ways to add a little excitement to the proceedings. Why not consider some of these ideas for ponytail glamour- they range from the simple to the dazzlingly daring...!
- Get knotted! Separate your ponytail into two sections, carefully twist into random knots, and simply pin the knots to the back of your head. Experiment with pulling out loose strands, changing the knot positioning on your head, or with having more than two knots at on time.
- The sky's the limit! Use a really high ponytail to create a spiky sprouting effect. Tease the strands of your hair out from the ponytail with a wax based product or a high quality hairspray. Note: this style works better on shorter hair. If you have long hair, it is still possible, but you will have to twist the majority of your locks up into a bun or similar to shorten the length before beginning the process.
- Stitched up. Use a pretty ribbon, a piece of twine or a strip of leather to create a kriss-cross effect at the top of your ponytail. You could get really creative and create an intricate weaved pattern with two or three little ponytails within one.
- Curly girly. A slick shiny ponytail which ends in a cascade of bouncing curls is always a way to achieve a guaranteed head-turning effect. And it's really easy too. All you need are some hot rollers or curling tongs... et voila! Curly confidence in minutes!
- Portion control. Use pretty bands, leather strips or stylish clasps to make a single ponytail took as though it is separated into different bits. This is a really easy way to make your hairstyle appear intricate, when it's really not!
- Get feminine. Why not treat yourself, and accessorize with something really special. You could weave real flowers through your braids along with tiny sparkling diamante clips to really catch the eye. If you're feeling slightly funkier, try things like feathers and beads.
- Shine on! Dazzle your companions with some high quality hair glitter. If applied evenly, the 'halo effect' can give your hair an unmatchable lift. But be warned
the glitter may stay in you hair for a while, so don't be tempted to use it the night before an important business meeting!
- You've come a long way baby! Add temporary extensions especially for the night. These are quite expensive, but good extensions look really natural. If you're looking for 'prom queen' style attention, this may be the way to go. It guarantees attention!